Who we are
Peblo's mission is to unlock liquidity in the creator economy.
Content creators face significant problems when it comes to financial management, cash flow and access to credit. Legacy finance providers are happy to help traditional businesses but have left creators ignored and underserved – we are here to change that. We work directly with creative agencies to give them the capital they need to pay creators on time, and give them time back by taking on the admin of things like payments to creators and invoice collection. All of these mean that creators get paid faster.
Peblo is still an early stage start up - we’re a team of 20 split between Ireland and the UK - but so far, we’re doing extremely well. We’ve built an initial product with a growing number of paid users, and expect to finance $300m in the creator industry in 2023.
Last year, we were acquired by Wayflyer, the billion dollar financing platform for e-commerce merchants. Peblo still operates as a totally independent brand and organisation which means we’re still able to move quickly and flexibly, but with the advantage of being able to learn from and lean on the Wayflyer organisation when we need to.
We are looking for our first full time designer! You will work as part of a multidisciplinary product team (currently made up of 7 product and engineering folks), working directly with our CTO, Head of Product and engineers on a daily basis to design and deliver outstanding products.
We're looking for someone to own and define how design functions at Peblo. Our aim is to make this as collaborative as possible - we believe design and product should work hand in hand through discovery and ideation, and involve engineering early on in the process. We’re looking for someone who will:
- Input on product strategy: You’ll develop a deep understanding of Peblo, the problems we’re trying to solve and who we’re solving them for, and get stuck into customer and market research to inspire our roadmap
- Flesh out new ideas: You’ll work closely with Product during discovery + ideation, using your design skills to help us understand how an idea could impact our product and consider different ways to approach it
- Create high quality designs: Design simple and effective interfaces that meet user needs, keeping an eye on how the changes you make affect other parts of the user journey.
- Gather feedback often: Depending on the project, you’ll involve and gather feedback from customers, the product/eng team or wider stakeholders (including our CEO) on designs, and use this information to iterate and improve
- Support product development: You’ll be on hand to support engineers as they build your designs, work with them through the design process to ensure designs are feasible, and keep a close eye on what our product looks like in production
As we’re an early stage start up, you’ll need to be comfortable and excited by the opportunity to work in a more volatile, ambiguous environment. While we've built a solid initial product, we expect more from ourselves and we're looking for ways to improve and expand upon it. We currently have limited data and information on customers, which means we make decisions and big bets based on qualitative information, and we're happy (for the time being) to shift our roadmap frequently as we get better information, feedback or come across new opportunities. We're not afraid to reprioritise and jump out of a big project to prioritise fixing an issue that's really bugging a customer, or scrap a project when we've realised it's not going to work.
In your first few months, you’ll…
- Meet the Peblo team, build an understanding of how our business works and how internal processes like sales, customer success, underwriting work, as well as embedding yourself in the product + eng team
- Get a handover of our current designs - we’ve been working with an external contractor who will be able to show you the ropes
- Review our current product and design system and the ways in which it works (or doesn’t) with a critical eye, in order to build an understanding of the experience for internal users and customers and where we have room to grow
- Understand our current roadmap, the opportunities we are considering in future, and the wider creator industry
- Take on your first design project and bring it through the process of discovery, ideation and delivery with the team
Who you are
- A track record of leading-by-doing in high-performing teams that build incredible products, meeting user needs and delighting customers.
- The ability to go deep into a problem and use insight, research and data to deeply understand how to design products that create value for customers.
- You are able to act decisively, be comfortable changing your mind, and know how to encourage a team to find a way to move forward instead of over-thinking
- An effective communicator who can persuade and excite others around design concept
- A high level of autonomy and comfort with ambiguity, Peblo is a startup so you need to enjoy the dynamism and volatility that comes with that
- Entrepreneurial and self-starting - you’re capable of finding ways to contribute towards company goals without specific guidance.
- A passion for continuous improvement and dissatisfaction with status quo, always thinking of ways to improve and move towards goodness.
- A strong portfolio or set of case studies that clearly communicate the problems you've addressed with your design work, the decisions you made and the impact it has on business and end-user.
Perks + compensation
- Be part of our flexible, remote first product and engineering team
- Option to work in our London or Dublin offices if and when you’d like
- Salary range £90-110k GBP dependent on experience
- 25 days annual leave, plus public holidays
- Share options (in Wayflyer)
- Bupa health insurance and cash plan
- Pension, including 5% employer matching
- 26 weeks fully paid maternity leave, 12 weeks fully paid paternity leave