About the job
Open for permanent applications
Applications close Friday 13th October 2023
No recruiters please
Applications for UK residences only
£25,000 to £35,000
We’re looking for a bright, organised and highly motivated Operations Manager to support our partner team with the daily operations of our company. This is a very varied job where you’ll be supporting us with everything from improving key workflows and processes, HR tasks, managing contracts, policies, assisting in hiring, onboarding, events and even helping us attain B-Corp status. If you're motivated by creating the best place to work then read on.
- Organising and streamlining key company workflows and processes. Identifying operational challenges and collaborating with management and other departments to overcome them.
- Making sure all our documents, projects and wikis are organised and where people can easily find them. Using Notion to keep everything in one central space, so everyone has what they need to do their best work.
- Support teams when recruiting, from job descriptions, speaking to recruiters, managing applications and organising interview processes for permanent and freelance employees.
- Support our partners in managing employee and client contracts and NDAs
- Ensure employees have the best possible start at Made by Many by managing their on-boarding process with managers
- When necessary support our teams in arranging and booking travel around the world within project budgets
- Support with contracts, technology, meetings, events and workshops, in research recruitment and with our ED&I, ESG and B-Corp initiatives
- Support and arrange company show and tells and socials
Qualities that are important for this job:
- You are a self-starter with a growth mindset; you are energetic and motivated by helping people to do the best work of their lives
- You are business savvy and curious about how companies work
- Have a knack for identifying how existing processes could be made more efficient.
- You work effectively and productively in a highly collaborative and busy team
- You are super organised, you enjoy multitasking, completing to-do-lists and spinning many plates
- You’re a person with excellent communication skills with a keen eye for detail.
- You’re a quick learner and great at mastering new software such as Slack, Notion, Google Workplace, Harvest and Sage HR
What you’ll gain from this job
- You’ll be joining an independently owned, small but ambitious challenger business working at the cutting edge of digital innovation and design.
- You’ll be playing a pivotal role in our new phase of growth, and building upon what we have achieved over the past 16 years.
- You’ll gain lots of experience quickly by doing lots of different jobs that will help inform what direction you want to take your career in.
About Made by Many
Made by Many creates breakthrough digital products, services and experiences that help organisations to push further and achieve more.
The things we make drive breakthrough growth and unlock entirely new value for our clients. Over the past 16 years Made by Many has helped more than 120 companies pinpoint the best opportunities to drive growth through digital product and service innovation, and then bring them to market (including Google, Nike, Skype, Pandora, Facebook, Microsoft, Adidas, Spotify, TED, Burberry, Carlsberg Group, Colgate, HSBC, Finnair, Nando’s, 7-Eleven, the BBC and The World Economic Forum).
We’ve launched hundred of new products and services using a tried-and-tested method to research & define, prototype, design, launch and scale ideas that deliver ROI fast, create new demand, build new relevance and re-invent business models. We are generalists and have worked across 15 different industries - the opportunity to drive breakthrough outcomes wherever we can find them is more important to us than concentrating on specific industries.
We’re growing and looking for talented people to come on this journey with us. We work in small, empowered teams to deliver extraordinary impact. Expect energy, excitement, burning curiosity, a bias for making, solving problems in real time, a visual approach to strategy, sketching to explain ideas and experimenting in the wild, experiments, prototypes and pilots.
- 25+ days’ holiday plus an extra day of holiday on your birthday
- Company pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Mac laptop with admin rights and any other tech you need to do your job
- We’ll get you a phone and pay the bills
- Counselling, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Psychiatric support
- Contributions to dental care, optical care
- Gym discounts
- Flexible working hours
- Maternity and paternity benefits
- Investment in your professional development; whether it is formal training, conference attendance or just buying books — learning is important to us
- Regular company lunches, drinks, supper clubs and away days, as well as our summer party by the canal and Christmas day trips outside of London
Equality, Inclusion and Diversity at Made by Many
We’re creating a company where diverse voices and opinions are reflected in the products we design and the services we offer. Without true cognitive diversity, we’re placing an invisible ceiling on our capacity to create and innovate. We’re building a culture where everyone feels like they belong and are valued.
We’re committed to widening the spectrum of who gets to participate in the shaping of products and services upon which the future world will depend.
Valuing equality, inclusion and diversity is fundamental to Made by Many staying a successful business in the future. We have a clear and actionable strategy to help us achieve our goals that everyone at Made by Many is part of.
This position is for candidates located in London only and will require you to work in our canal side studio between Angel Islington and Shoreditch for 3-4 days a week. You can find out more about our studio here.
How to apply and our hiring process
- To apply for this role, please click here
- Include a short cover email
- Link or attached your CV
- Use Operations Manager in the subject line
- Please tell us where you found the job posting
- Applications close Friday 13th October 2023.
- Successful applicants will be invited to a short phone interview (max 20 min) so that we can all get to know each other. Come to that call with a quick overview of yourself, thoughts on the job description and questions for us.
- Should you proceed to the next stage, we will invite you into the studio for a 1-1:30 hour interview in person which will be a skills based interview. We’ll ask you questions to see if you demonstrate key skills required for the job such as good communication, organisation/self-management, problem solving, teamwork and self-belief. We’ll provide you with more information about the role and Made by Many.
- Our final interview is in person and split into two parts. For the first you’ll get to meet more of the team and find out about what it’s like to work here day-to-day. The second part is with a partner and our CEO where we'll discuss our mission, values as a company and our 3 year plan.