Sales and Marketing Assistant
Open for permanent applications
Applications close Friday 13th October 2023
No recruiters please
Applications for UK residents only
£25,000 to £35,000
We’re looking for an assured, interested, motivated and highly organised person to join our London team. We need a Sales & Marketing Assistant to join Made by Many to help us coordinate, develop and support the day-to-day delivery of our Sales and Marketing Plan. It’s an important job and will involve working closely with senior leaders of the business.
Made by Many is in Year 1 of an ambitious 3-year growth plan. We are looking for someone who can get as excited about this as we are, and who will help us build the new business machine we need to deliver the plan. We want to create a new business development system that works across all sales channels and helps us to acquire new high value and growth clients and expand the company’s market presence in the UK, Europe and the US.
We’re at the start of this journey and we know you won’t understand what we do on day 1, but you will get to help us shape it and we will support you at every stage. It will be hard work. It will certainly involve making adjustments as we go, based on measuring what we discover is most effective - but it will also be very rewarding.
You don’t have to have any previous sales or marketing experience for the role. We are looking for someone smart and quick to learn, with excellent verbal and written reasoning and writing skills. The job will involve working at our beautiful Wharf studio overlooking the Regent’s Canal.
- Mine our lists, LinkedIn and the Internet to identify prospects and create and manage lists
- Manage a pipeline of leads using our CRM database (Pipedrive)
- Support the development of marketing materials, case studies, presentations, social media content and website updates
- Prepare and deliver email marketing campaigns continuously, helping us to optimise the way we do this over time
- Measure all of these activities against KPIs and produce internal reports; identify potential improvements
- Help us to spot opportunities to organise better and bring them into the way we do things
- Support, coordinate and schedule internal meetings with MxM stakeholders and external meetings with senior prospects and leads
- Prepare for and support physical events we might hold, for example, at Diespeker Wharf from time to time; being at these events to help us make them as successful possible
Qualities that are important for this job
- You are a self-starter with a growth mindset; you are ambitious and motivated by winning new work and building a small challenger business
- You have excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills; you are highly numerate
- You’re quick to learn and master new software (CRM, emailing tools, spreadsheets, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Google Workspace (Slides, Docs, Sheets))
- You like problem-solving and designing & optimising operational workflows; you’re interested in the way a small business works
- You’re confident on social media and fast at creating great content
- You are a ‘people person’, outstanding interpersonal skills
- Excellent at finding people on the internet
- Passionate about digital design and user experience design in general, as well as technology, innovation, and driving business success
What you’ll gain from this job
- You’ll be joining an independently owned, small but ambitious challenger business working at the cutting edge of digital innovation and design
- You’ll be joining us at the start of a new phase of growth, and building upon what we have achieved over the past 16 years
- Your role will evolve and grow as we do over the next 3-4 years
- You’ll learn a massive amount about our business, the market for what we do do, and how businesses across many categories and sectors innovate, operate and function
About Made by Many
Made by Many creates breakthrough digital products, services and experiences that help organisations to push further and achieve more.
The things we make drive breakthrough growth and unlock entirely new value for our clients. Over the past 16 years Made by Many has helped more than 120 companies pinpoint the best opportunities to drive growth through digital product and service innovation, and then bring them to market (including Google, Nike, Skype, Pandora, Facebook, Microsoft, Adidas, Spotify, TED, Burberry, Carlsberg Group, Colgate, HSBC, Finnair, Nando’s, 7-Eleven, the BBC and The World Economic Forum).
We’ve launched more than 100 successful new products and services using a tried-and-tested method to research & define, prototype, design, launch and scale ideas that deliver ROI fast, create new demand, build new relevance and re-invent business models. We are generalists and have worked across 15 different industries - the opportunity to drive breakthrough outcomes wherever we can find them is more important to us than concentrating on specific industries.
We’re growing and looking for talented people to come on this journey with us. We work in small, empowered teams to deliver extraordinary impact. Expect energy, excitement, burning curiosity, a bias for making, solving problems in real time, a visual approach to strategy, sketching to explain ideas and experimenting in the wild, experiments, prototypes and pilots.
- 25+ days’ holiday plus an extra day of holiday on your birthday
- Company pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Mac laptop with admin rights and any other tech you need to do your job
- We’ll get you a phone and pay the bills
- Counselling, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Psychiatric support
- Contributions to dental care, optical care
- Gym discounts
- Flexible working hours
- Maternity and paternity benefits
- Investment in your professional development; whether it is formal training, conference attendance or just buying books — learning is important to us
- Regular company lunches, drinks, supper clubs and away days, as well as our summer party by the canal and Christmas day trips outside of London
Equality, Inclusion and Diversity at Made by Many
We’re creating a company where diverse voices and opinions are reflected in the products we design and the services we offer. Without true cognitive diversity, we’re placing an invisible ceiling on our capacity to create and innovate. We’re building a culture where everyone feels like they belong and are valued.
We’re committed to widening the spectrum of who gets to participate in the shaping of products and services upon which the future world will depend.
Valuing equality, inclusion and diversity is fundamental to Made by Many staying a successful business in the future. We have a clear and actionable strategy to help us achieve our goals that everyone at Made by Many is part of.
This position is for candidates located in London only and will require you to work in our canal side studio between Angel Islington and Shoreditch for 4-5 days a week. You can find out more about our studio here.
How to apply and our hiring process
- To apply for this role, please click here
- Include a short cover email
- Link or attached your CV
- Use Sales and Marketing Assistant in the subject line
- Please tell us where you found the job posting
- Applications close Friday 13th October 2023.
- Applications close Friday 13th October 2023.
- Successful applicants will be invited to a short phone interview (max 20 min) so that we can all get to know each other. Come to that call with a quick overview of yourself, thoughts on the job description and questions for us.
- Should you proceed to the next stage, we will invite you into the studio for a 1-1:30 hour interview in person which will be a skills based interview. We’ll ask you questions to see if you demonstrate key skills required for the job such as good communication, organisation/self-management, problem solving, teamwork and self-belief. We’ll provide you with more information about the role and Made by Many.
- Our final interview is in person and split into two parts. For the first you’ll get to meet more of the team and find out about what it’s like to work here day-to-day. The second part is with a partner and our CEO where we'll discuss our mission, values as a company and our 3 year plan.
- No recruiters please. We have partnerships already in place with selected recruiters who have exceptional diversity networks.