Isometric is a robust carbon removal registry, verification service, and science platform.
Our mission is to avert climate disaster by ensuring carbon removal scales responsibly and fast.
Our team is smart, meticulous and courageous—but warm, kind and supportive too.
We’re led by an experienced CEO who previously co-founded Onfido, where he scaled the company from $1m to $100m of revenue in six years. Our Head of Science is an expert in the field of biogeochemistry and a thought leader in the world of carbon removal innovation. Our technology team consists of builders from companies like Amazon, Meta, Shopify, Palantir and Intercom. And we’re backed by some of the world’s most recognised investors.
Working here will be unlike any job you've had before.
Join us if you're ready to take on a career-defining role.
Outcomes you’ll be responsible for
- Solve problems for our customers by designing engaging interfaces.
- As an early member of the design team, build culture, practices and standards that value teamwork, rigorous thinking and pragmatism.
- Use your extensive experience in UX, visual design, storytelling or data visualisation to ship & improve products that make CDR measurement, reporting and verification accessible and transparent.
Tasks you might do
- Collaborate with science, product and engineering teams to wrangle complexity, diverge and converge on ideas and build software that processes complex carbon removal data to give clear answers on quality to CDR buyers.
- Mentor other designers within the team.
- Work directly on our brand design to build a most precise & scientific but warm & optimistic brand in the climate industry.
Aptitudes you’ll display
- Ability to deal with a large amount of ambiguity and make decisions fast despite lack of perfect information.
- Drive to urgently solve big challenges that have no obvious answers today. We’re doing novel things that no one person knows the answer to today. Our work will help to set conventions in the industry.
- Bringing good energy and humility into how you show up. It’s a tough problem but we can’t give up.
This role might not be for you if
- You’re looking for a fully remote role at the moment. In the early stages of building our product we’re optimising for being physically together 3 days a week.
- You enjoy structure and staying within your area of expertise. We’re a small team early on the journey and things change quickly as we learn more.
- You prefer a slower pace. While the problem we’re facing has a long time horizon, it’s also critical that we make meaningful progress on it today, not next quarter or year.