Presented by Triangirls: Not your average women in tech community.
Thank you to comparethemarket.com, who have sponsored this event. Sponsorship like this helps Triangirls maintain a community by allowing us to run events.
About the remote event
As our events are usually in person, we would love for people to join the event using their camera if you are comfortable in doing so. We understand we can't replicate the previous atmosphere of Triangirls events but we'll try our hardest to!
6:30 – Welcome and introduction by Triangirls
6:40 - Introduction to Compare the Market
6:45 - Speaker 1: Harpreet - Me, myself and I. Dealing with self doubt during remote work.
Harpreet is a User Researcher based in East London. She took the leap into being a freelancer during the pandemic after working in scale ups.
Working remotely is great but sometimes it’s easy for self doubt to creep in and you can lose track of how you’re doing. In this talk, I’ll share a simple thing I’ve started doing to help me feel happier and more confident at work. And then you’ll try it for yourself.
7:05 - Speaker 2: Sophie - How to show up for yourself
Sophie is the co-founder of FidlLeaf, an online wellbeing and personal development platform for individuals and companies. She is passionate about making wellbeing accessible to all, and that personal development can support us, both personally and professionally. FidlLeaf are running a free wellbeing workshop every month in 2021, each focusing on a different wellbeing area. Find out more here.
- Why it's important to prioritise the energy you give yourself and that doing so will not only improve wellbeing, but support you to get the most out of work too.
- Understand more about why 90% of people are better at putting their energy outwards rather than inwards.
- How to use self-awareness to know when to show up for yourself more.
- Take part in the 'wedding-cake theory' an exercise that brings to life why you should prioritise YOU.
7:25 - Speaker 3: Rina - Invest in your Personal Branding
Rina Takikawa, User Experience Designer at Qathena, Co-founder at Pawsitive, Former Ballerina
As a Ballerina career changer, I started my journey into tech thinking how I did not have any “transferable skills.” But because of this struggle, I had to emphasize what I already have and put myself out there. And I did this with what I like to call my personal brand. In this talk, we will create a game plan as to how you can start creating your own personal brand mind map.
- Personal Branding 101
- How my experience in ballet and pivoting to tech has helped me realize what my true values and missions are
- How I keep myself accountable for my happiness and sanity
7:45 - Wrap up / Open space to chats
8:00 - Room closing